I know you have this dream about creating the greatest product ever.
You’re seeing all those cool features that will allow the users to do many interesting things and not get bored.
There are 2 ways to do that:
1. Start building that kick-ass product with all the planned features.
And this is what will happen:
- You will actually see and try for the first time your product quite late in the development phase;
- No external user will test your product during all that long term development process;
- Meanwhile, you’ll be changing your mind and as a result, you will also change features This means even longer development time. Plus that the changes will be based on your guesses, not on users’ feedback;
- Crunch Time will be your team best friend;- You move the mindset of the team from creating an experience for the users, to creating features. Remember that users are not excited by great features, but by great experiences;
- By the time you will be able to get feedback from the users your team and budget will no longer be in a good shape.
2. Or build a small prototype with basic features that you can play with very fast. Later you can add all the other features.
Basic learning: test the first prototype of your product as soon as possible!